There are at least three bands which use this name:
1. An electronic/nu jazz duo from South Africa
2. An alternative rock band from Germany
3. A rock band from Canada
4. An indie jazz band from Japan
1. Goldfish is a live electronic act from Cape Town, South Africa. The two members Dominic Peters and David Poole are jazz musicians who met while studying music at university. They recorded their first album - ''Caught in the Loop'' - themselves, with little more than a double bass, a saxophone and a couple of synths. This self-released album led to a cult following and numerous hits in their home country, where they have been voted best live act, and are known as the 'Fishies' to their fans.
Goldfish have taken their live act across the globe, including opening for Fatboy Slim, Mr Scruff, The Audio Bullys, Paul van Dyk, Pete Tong and Stereo MC's. 'Re-invention of the DJ' is a phrase that has been used to describe their combination of live instruments such as double bass, saxophones, keyboards, flute, and vocals; with samplers, effects, synths, and freeform improvisation.
Goldfish's second album was signed to Pacha. ''Perceptions of Pacha'', released at Miami's Winter Music Conference March 2008, features 10 new tracks and the international release includes a second disc with a live performance video and remixes by top DJs from around the world. The band toured the US and Europe during 2008, and held a 4 month Friday night summer residency at super-club Pacha Ibiza.
Their website is www.goldfishlive.com.
2. The second Goldfish is located in Berlin/Germany. Their style is most likely labeled as "Alternative" - the influences reach from Eels, Breeders, Wipers and PJ Harvey up to Portishead…
The five members Danuta (Git./Voc.), Lutz (Bass), Benni (Key.), Marcin (Drums) and Tilman (Git./Perc.) stick together since Feb. 2012, the origin Goldfishes (with Benni and Danuta) recorded the debut-album "'coming home" already in 2008 - on Steve Morells Label „Pale Music“.
Goldfish's sound by the way convinced the well known producers Thomas Stern and Olsen Involtini. While Stern, former member of „Crime & the City Solution“ and producer of Meret Becker and Katharina Franck, picked up his bass again for some songs, Olsen („Seeed“, Peter Fox, Bela B.) made a beautiful mixdown of Goldfish's „Carry Your Name“.
The website of the german goldfishes: www.goldfish-music.de
3. There was also a third band called Goldfish. Based in Montreal, they put a few singles in the mid-1990s including "The Ride"/"Swallow" and "Condor"/"Fondly". Singer Carrie Haber went on to join groups including Quinimine.
4. There is a new Indie band in japan called GoldFish, they have 1 single "9＊Nove - La memoria delle quattro stagioni" and 1 mini album "10-dieci-"
Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.