Firefly has announced their 2018 lineup. Stop me if you've heard this before but the lineup is topped with Eminem and The Killers. The other two headliners are more interesting with Kendrick Lamar and the return of the Arctic Monkeys. Other notable artists on the lineup include Odesza, SZA, Martin Garrix and Alt-J. Tickets for Firefly 2018 will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. EST. We will have a full breakdown of the Firefly 2018 lineup shortly but here are our initial reactions:
- I guess Eminem and The Killers really are headlining every festival this year. I know music festivals are becoming operations done at scale to save costs, but goddamn can any festival get some unique headliners? Live Nation is eventually going to screw itself over if it makes all of these festivals exactly the same. I like both artists but I don't need them headlining literally every festival
- Great get with the Arctic Monkey's first show in years. I actualy quite stunned that Firefly got them when Bonnaroo and Coachella did not. I am curious to see if they are doing any other festivals this season, but regardless this is by far Firefly's best snag IMO.
- Wow Firefly has moved away from it's indie / alt roots more than even Coachella. Crazy to see Alt-J as the lone rock group on the second line.
- How is Lil Wayne a 2nd liner at this point? Has he done anything relevant in 8 years?
- I know a few bands far down on the poster (The Regrettes, Ron Gallo, Knox Fortune) but man does this lineup fall off after the first few lines - very top heavy.
We will have a full breakdown of Firefly coming, but overall it's definitely good enough to make a fun weekend of. In a year of disappointing music festivals Firefly at least has a few nice gets that makes it stand out.
Other Recent Firefly News